- The Michigan Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus celebrates its 43rd Anniversary in the year 2018.
- Stand anywhere in Michigan and you are within 85 miles of a Great Lake.
- The Mackinac Bridge is the world's longest suspension bridge.
- Michigan has more freshwater coastline than any other state in the U.S.
- Michigan has more public golf courses than any other state in the country - approximately 800 - and more golfers per capita than any other state.
- Boasting more than 3,000 miles of multi-use trails, Michigan is #1 for rail trail miles in the nation. (www.michigantrails.org, MTGA)
- Michigan is #2 in the nation as a non-resident fishing destination, ranked by visiting anglers.
- Michigan has more than 150 waterfalls and all but two of them are located in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- With 2,478 of non-motorized trails, Michigan takes the lead as the #1 trail state in America. (www.michigantrails.org, MTGA)
- Find more "Michigan Facts" at www.mitourismadvocacy.com/industry_facts.html.